Evolution Swim Academy lessons are divided into five learning categories with the goal of helping student’s transition from being aquatic naïve to being accomplished “technically sound” swimmers. With over 15 years of competitive international experience, Felipe Delgado (1996/2000 Olympian) has developed a curriculum that encompasses the entire aquatic “Learn to Swim” experience.
- PARENT & ME: Time to start lessons! With a parent in the water and an instructor ready to lead the way, our Parent & Me program is just what a new student needs! Our students start as early as 6 months. We have developed two levels for our Parent & Me lessons; 6 months-17 months and 18 months to 36 months! If a parent is needed for additional comfort, then these lesson plans are for you (and your little one!)
- SAFETY: We have developed four Safety lesson plans that will encompass the aquatic naive students and allow them to learn in an atmosphere that is both fun and challenging. The safety lesson plans are designed for student/instructor without the assistance of a parent. So sit back and relax and watch as our instructors convert your child into a strong and confident little swimmer!
- DEVELOPMENT: For the students that are ready to start forming a foundation that will assist them in swimming technically sound strokes, the Development lesson plan is ideal.
- STROKE TECHNIQUE: After the Development lesson plan is complete, it’s on to learning the four basic strokes. We offer four Stroke Technique lesson plans: Freestyle, Freestyle/Backstroke, Breaststroke and Butterfly
- PRE-COMPETITION: Once the students learn the four strokes it is time to start focusing on the basic fundamentals of swimming. Learning how to read a pace clock, swimming terminology and legal turns and finishes will be some of the basic skills our swimmers will learn in our swim camp style AquaJets program. The AquaJets will also allow our swimmers to fine tune all four strokes and show off the skills they learned in swim lessons in a 25 yard swimming pool. This is a non-competitive program and just a 1/2 step from our competitive swim team!